Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SPM, bye... bye... Let's do other things....

After finished my Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM), I made up my mind to find a job to fill my spare time. So I tried to ask my adopted mother whether there was a vacancy for me at her office. She owned a small company named Gading Kencana Sdn. Bhd and as the owner of the company, she could make decisions all by her own. Fortunately, she called and asked me to work with her there. She lived at Subang Jaya, about 20 minutes from Kuala Lumpur through Federal Highway but her company was located at Shah Alam. So, I had to come to her house and stay there for a few months because I lived at Pendang, Kedah. I was very thankful and appreciated her help.
Before taking SPM, my friends and I had planned to have a trip to Sunway Lagoon and Malacca, so we worked hard to collect lots of money to support our trips. Finally, we succeeded to collect some four thousands ringgit through selling hot dogs, floats, nugget and services such as cyber café service and play station game. Everybody had to pay about a hundred ringgit for the trips free and the rests were covered by our previous commerce money.

We enjoyed the trip so much for two days and before going back to our respective destination, we had a dinner party at my adopted mother’s house. After that, they went home and abandoned me alone there because she asked me to stay and work with her immediately as fast as possible. I just accepted the precious chance without any argument. Yet, I was very curious about the job. What is the job that would be given to me? Could I do the job as well as possible? Those questions always appeared on my mind and I was anxious.
The next day, I woke up early and was ready to complete any tasks. After having breakfast, she asked me to prepare because I had to start working on that very day. I wore formal clothing that she had bought for me and I looked so smart in it. It was very beautiful and suitable with an attractive color and high quality-made cotton, frankly speaking it was so comfortable for me. When I reached the office, I was introduced to other staffs and they greeted me with open arms.
My first day working in the office was very relaxing because I was instructed to do simple and common tasks such as printing drawing, answered calls if necessary and often went to the bank to deposit cheques. I enjoyed doing such things every day there and I was paid about seven hundred ringgit per month. Almost every day, I did the same tasks but often I had to go to Jabatan Kerja Raya (JKR) office to buy tenders and sent them back there. Since I worked there, I learnt a lot of about punctuality, concentration and cooperation and even to recognize some roads here and I felt that I knew my way around Shah Alam and I was proud of it because just a few months of working there.

In June, I decided to stop my work to prepare for an upcoming event. I was offered by Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) to pursue my further studies at International Education Centre (INTEC) in engineering and I was very grateful about it. So starting from now, I want to squander my leisure time writing blog about my experiences and maybe about myself. Hopefully it will attract people to read my blog after this onwards.

No comments: